Another stealth video

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Another stealth video

Post by stealththief » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:48 am

Here's a video I particularly enjoy, more homebrew ninja techniques.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUek4_S7xY
The sash idea is pretty cool and not hard to pull off. I've gotten one myself and it works great, also makes a good scarf or mask.

Dethkreep

Re: Another stealth video

Post by Dethkreep » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Wow dude. I really like that sash idea, where would you get one of the size he has? One that is transparent as well. That is such a good idea.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 pm

I found it as a scarf in a clothing store, I remembered the video and bought it. Mine is dark blue but it works still.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:11 am

A scarf that large? Nice find
-Gollum

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:15 am

XD. I'm an idiot. My bed sheet is black, and transparent from close up just like in the video. It's perfect.
-Gollum

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:29 am

*slaps head* Bedsheet... why didn't I think of that? Gotta get one & dye it or something.
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:33 am

Yeah, it's awesome. What color do you plan on dying it?
-Gollum

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:30 am

Black, preferably. Maybe a dark grey... what colour do you think works best? Generally speaking, not terrain specific.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Meh, either Black or Camo would work best for a general pattern. We're dangerously close to stirring up an old debate, but i'll just say that black provides slightly less concealment but is slightly more versatile in all settings, whereas camo provides slightly better concealment outdoors in rural and suburban settings, but sticks out a bit more in urban/indoors settings.

Either way would be a fine choice for something like this, i'd be happy with either. Black would be pretty easy, but what type of camo do you think you'd use? i'd probably opt for marpat/digital woodland just because it has a lot of brown in it, and you'll probably be spending a lot of time laying on the ground underneath it.

Edit: Instead of just a plain fabric blanket with no texture, imagine one that was made like a ghillie suit. you could use all of the concealment techniques in the video, plus you could wrap it around you and wear like a cloak when you're moving around, or just crouch under it in an upright position and look like a bush. It would have all the concealment benefits of both methods, only downside would be it getting snagged and caught on shit.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 pm

I'd personally say get it brown, works in most areas I feel. The ghillie idea is great I can easily see how useful a ghillie sash/blanket would be. Also I've seen a ghillie cloak in action, and it works great.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 am

The problem with a ghillie sash though is, because it's thicker, it would be difficult and uncomfortable to wear around the waist, the camo threads would break or fall off and it would negate the see-through ability. Although it could be left near an exfiltration point and used to hide under in case you get compromised. I was thinking urban camo; without the white, just different shades of grey in an irregular pattern. If I find any ops in rural terrain I'll make two; one urban, one camo.