Your Drills

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Borninshadows

Your Drills

Post by Borninshadows » Sun May 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Some of mine:
Walking through a forest (not on a path) as quietly as possible.
Stealing a beer from someone at a party. Not out of a cooler, but from someone who set their beer down
Shadow Boxing- Moving around a person at night to make it seem as if you are an army in the shadows
Moving through populated areas

Some day-time training, but, as Che stated, (and the Marines) 70% of your training should be at night. Muscle memory (like how to roll, and fight, and stealth technique practice) should be done in the day. Put it all together at night, not nesecarily on a hard operation but just in a populated area.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

stealththief

Re: Your Drills

Post by stealththief » Sun May 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Nice stuff, I like getting onto roofs, moving away from groups of people without them noticing, and various small things like that. I never heard of the shadow boxing thing though, I'll try it out some time. I've recently gotten a bokken (wooden sword) and I've realized that it makes for great strength training that also builds agility when used in one hand.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Sun May 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Shadow Boxing is normally used by small forces against a larger force, such as a 4 man LRRP. It can be done in close, or at long range with guns, it is like a continous hit-and-run, and is good for thinning the herd.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Tue May 12, 2009 4:18 am

I play a lot of sports during the day. In general it trains you to use your body at a higher potential. Trains balance, accuracy, hand-eye coordination. It makes me very familiar and conscious of my body.

At night I just go out and try not to be seen. I like to have a target to get to.

I want to try shadow boxing but not very many people are out at night where I am. I will be sure to try it if I see someone.

I've wanted matching "Uniforms" for my op partners for a simalir reason. If we all look the same, even if a person gets a look at one or two of us, they will never be able to tell how many there really were. Very intimidating, very useful.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 pm

That uniforms idea is great.
A great way to "learn about your body" is the Feldenkrais method, http://www.ninjutsu.co.uk/uraomote/95/june.html#thea